Monday, December 29, 2008

Reflecting on 2008

As we teeter on the edge of 2008, I reflect on what the year has brought about for me and my life. Many things have changed and therefor, caused me to change.

This year, I lost a very important person in my life. I struggled to help my son find the hope and courage to want to live. I let the nation peer into the life of my family. I felt the hurtful verbal wrath of strangers, as a result. I made many new friends and lost a few as well. I was reunited with a dear cousin who I'd been estranged from for many years. I left my 20's and entered my 30's. I battled depression and am winning. I got to see the great compassion of people and also the severe lack of. I also got to see both in myself. I have come out of this year a different woman.

Everything that 2008 held for me, made me a better person. The challenges tested my strength and faith. The celebrations kept me motivated. The dark moments made me question myself and clarify who I really am and want to be. The people I've met have all had an impact on my life's path in some way. I find all of the moments very instrumental in helping me become the person I am. The good and bad all seemed to harmonize into a symphony that is both haunting and euphonious. It is a strange and beautiful thing...life. I am blessed to have the life that I do and I look forward to everything that the new year brings.

I encourage you all to take a few moments to reflect on this past year and journal or share how you have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment